Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Reading Promise

I just finished reading the book The Reading Promise: My Father and the Books We Shared by Alice Ozma.  This was not my typical book to pick up to read, but being a reader (and even a bigger "read to your children" person) - I HAD to read this book!

I enjoyed the book VERY much and would recommend it to anyone - especially if you have small children in your life.  It was very clean and sent a lot of good messages out there.  The main message being - to take time to read to your child(ren).

Alice and her father started The Streak of reading together each night for 100 straight nights.  When that streak ended, they celebrated and decided to take the streak to 1,000 nights!!!!  The streak ended when Alice went to college 3,218 days later. 

I realized, that while we don't have a streak, LB and I have read together most every night since before I can remember.  I want to use this to record what I read to the kids as well as what I read myself and the lessons we learn from our reading together.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...