Friday, March 14, 2008

Book Review: Peter and the Starcatchers

I am a HUGE fan of children's' literature. My husband has just laughed at me for years because that is all I read. I have branched out over the past year to read some adult Christian fiction books, but my heart still belongs primarily to children's' literature. My friend, Diane, told me about this book Peter and the Starcatchers before Christmas because my 4 year old, Carter, was in a MAJOR Peter Pan phase.
Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson are the co-authors of this book. It has 451 pages separated into 79 easy to read chapters. I have always liked Peter Pan and am sad to say I had never given any thought on how Peter Pan came to be. I just assumed he always was. How did Peter Pan get to never grow up? How did he learn to fly? How was Tinkerbell brought into the story? Where did the crocodile come from? How did Peter Pan and Captain Hook even meet? Mr. Barry and Mr. Pearson go back in time (don't really know how far back) and answer all these questions and more. I was very hesitant about reading a book, a prequel, if you will, about such a beloved story and book. However, these men did a wonderful job writing and telling the story. I can't wait to read this to Carter and Laura Beth in a few years.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...