Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Meditation 3/4/08

In my studies in Cassandra Martin's book Our Father in Heaven, Teach Us to Pray, she has challenged her readers to meditiate on God's Word. This is a concept that usually scares people, but I have found that it is a great way to "direct our hearts to the heart of God." The word meditate means to empty or concentrate your mind. While some aspects of meditation involve one to empty his mind, spiritual meditaion involves filling your mind with things - in this instance, God's word. While studying this lesson, I resolved to bring this meditation to my blog. While it may not happen every day, I want us to meditate on God's word together. I will post certain scriptures as often as I can (Lord willing, daily) and I want us all to meditate on these verses and share your feelings or comments about them, so we can all grow together. Mrs. Martin gave 5 points to help us meditate on God's word:
1. Choose one verse. (If you have a verse you would like for us to meditate on, send it to me and I will use it)
2. Write it on your heart. (Memorize it. Write it on a card and carry it around with you.)
3. Regularly stop and repeat the verse to yourself. (Use down times or appointed times to stop and repeat the verse.)
4. Connect the verse to the character of God. (What does this verse teach you about God and what is God calling you to be?)
5. Connect the verse to your daily walk. (Watch for ways this verse can impact your life right now!)
I pray that this will enable us to grow closer to our Heavenly Father and to each other as well. May God bless our efforts to be more like Him.

Today's verse:
"And my God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4:19

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...