Sunday, February 13, 2011

Coming Home . . . .

To say we love our college kids is a MAJOR understatement.  We have been blessed beyond belief to have such wonderful students in our home for the past 9 years.  When Laura Beth was 3, we got our first group of kids that really became ours.  These kids would be at the house every Sunday for lunch and often other times throughout the week.  They really became part of our family.  We are still so close to these girls and I miss them so much - especially during basketball season.  I seriously have days when I just want to see "my girls," and I tell them that!

What a treat yesterday was when three of them came for the big game against Union!!!  It was so good to see them. I had seen Megan in July, but had not seen Kari or Ashley since April!!  While we missed Jenny - who "had" to go to her "real home," it was so good to see my girls.  I would also be a bad mother if I left out Nicole - why did I not get a picture with you, Nicole?  She lives close by and will literally pop in at who knows when!!  One day you will get your own post, Nicole!!!

I love my girls and am so proud of them - all grown up, married and one's going to have the first baby  in August!!!! Know I love you and am always here for you!  Thanks for making my weekend, girls!
Me, Megan, Ashley (and Baby), and Kari
Notice my friend, Lona, who laid down on the seat behind us as to avoid the pic
and my other friend, Kim, laughing at her!!!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Awwww! This makes me happy and sad. Becky, your family was so good to all of us. You were constantly feeding us on Sunday (which we loved) and you supported us in all we did. You were there for me through some hard times too. And let us not forget MAKIN MUSIC we lived at your house. ha!
I love you Becky and will never forget all the memories we made with yall. To say I wish I could go back is such an understatement!

Kimberly Washer said...

I love these girls too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...