Monday, March 26, 2012

Beautiful Belmont Mansion

Our Literary Ladies book club has gotten off to a great start! I missed the last meeting due to a bout with strep throat.  However, Kristen did a fabulous job capturing the night and the amazing book that we all read.  Our next book is one that I have been wanting to read for, a kid you not, a year, and it has only been out since November!  However, I have read everything this author has written, follow her blog, and stalk am friends with her on facebook.  So, I knew it was coming and I could not wait!  I was thrilled beyond words when Kristen said she thought it would be a great choice for our June meeting!

Well, once I read the book, A Lasting Impression,  I had to find out more about Belmont mansion I had read about and the people I had fallen in love with in the book. (The lady who actually owned the mansion is a main character in the book.)  As I was exploring, I found that Adelicia Acklen's 195th birthday celebration was going to be celebrated at the mansion on a Saturday in March.  Parties played a HUGE role in the book, so I knew we had to take a field trip!  So, we got a group together, and off we went!  It was a beautiful spring Saturday for us to explore the immaculate grounds.

The original fountain in front of the house

The beautiful Belmont Mansion

My precious friends who made the trip


The mansion and fountain

The flowers were in full bloom as we walked from the mansion to the water tower
that is mentioned in the book.

What the mansion looked like at the time of the book and Civil War

The view from the water tower
We had a wonderful time roaming the grounds at Belmont University and Belmont Mansion.  I can't wait to show you the inside and let you meet the author!

1 comment:

Melissa Lester said...

I so wish I could have joined you! What a lovely trip. I started the book over the weekend, so look forward to reading more about your trip and book club meeting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...