Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Just a Reminder

These are Carter's new batting gloves (which is another story ALL in itself). The past pairs of batting gloves he has had have been endorsed by some of his favorite baseball players. Damon was a dear and picked these up for him at Dick's the other day. When Damon gave them to him, he told Carter, "I don't know who #88 is, Carter." Carter looked at him and replied, "Don't you know? That is how old Grandmama was when she went to heaven. I know she is watching me play baseball because she liked to watch baseball." It is hard to believe that we have been without Grandmama for almost a year now, but I am so glad that my children have such fond memories of their Great Grandmama and know she loved them -and baseball!

5 comments:

Sandy said...

How sweet! Glad to see he's got some new gloves!

Arika said...

STILL love this story! SO sweet. :) (And made me tear up again reading it here.)

Sasha said...

Wow, that is amazing that he knows how old she was! Very sweet story. One I'm sure you're glad you documented!

Brittany said...

He is soo precious!!

Kim said...

That's so sweet. Carter has such a tender heart.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...