Thursday, September 23, 2010

Book Review: The King's Christmas List

kcl.jpg

I was so excited when this book arrived on my doorstep last week!  I love books. I love children's books.  I love books that teach me a lesson.  As a mom, I love books that teach my children how to live their lives for Christ EVERY day.  Eldon Johnson, in the book, The King's Christmas List, helps teach a concept to readers of all ages.  

Through Emma's journey to the King's birthday party, we see how we can give anywhere, anytime and anything.  AS the story begins, we see Emma taking what she had to the King; teaching us to use what you have at that moment.  On the journey, we see Emma give her time, her favorite thing and her self.  When she arrives at the birthday party empty handed, we all learn that she gave the best gift - giving herself to others.  Matthew 25:37-40 is the key verse to this book:

The King will reply: "I tell you the truth, whatever you did 
for the one of the least  of these brothers of mine,
you did for me.
Matthew 25:40 NIV

The end of the book provides the parent resources to help teach their children how to give of themselves as they walk the Christian walk.. This a  wonderful book with a year round message for a year round practice.  Keep it out all year long!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...