Friday, January 27, 2012

Getting My Life Back In Order

Many of you may not realize that I was hired as a new third grade teacher 1 week or so into the school year this past August.  One reason I am SO behind on my blogging.  Needless to say, the whole house has been thrown into a tizzy.  I have felt like I have been running 2 weeks behind since August and the house - bless the house - has taken a HUGE hit.  So, over Christmas I tried to get some things back in order.  I made this board to help with meals, schedules and notes.  I found a bulletin board (in the clearance section at Wal-Mart - score!) and covered it with wrapping paper.  I mod-podged clothespins with scrapbook paper to make my kitchen and made days of the week labels with my cricut and my Creative Memories circle punch.  I glued the days of the week to the clothespins and then glued the clothespins to the board.  The cards hooked to the clothespins hold an index card that tells us what each child is having for lunch at school each day as well as what is for supper that night.  I use one card for 2 weeks - front one week; back, the next.

I just pinned the calendar to the bottom of the board and, since then, I have pinned all kinds of notes to it as well.  It is working so well, and I love having it all together in the kitchen where we are so much of the time!!!  YAY for OCDness!!!!! Can't wait to see what else I can come up with!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...