Monday, October 26, 2009

My Blonde Squirrel

Yesterday, some friends from Brazil were at my mom and dad's house. As they came inside, Mr. FH mentioned me having a little blonde squirrel for a son but I did not think anything about it. Laura Beth came inside telling her daddy he just had to come and look at what Carter did. He went. Then Damon came in and told me I had to come and look at what Carter did. So I went and this is what I saw. I found Laura Beth, but could not find Carter anywhere . . . .

you have to look a little higher . . . . 30+ feet higher to be correct . . .
and there he was! Close to 10 feet from the TOP of the big magnolia tree in my parents' yard.
He was so proud of himself and I was proud of myself for not passing out! I asked him how he was going to get down (without breaking any bones in his body or requiring any of us to come there and get him!). He said with such confidence only a 6 year old can have -
"Easy, Mom, just watch!"
Then he proceeded to shimmy down the tree without one problem!
Oh my . . .
Thankfully, when LB climbed the tree she only went about 10 feet in the air - of which I was much more comfortable with and BOTH were praised for their efforts!
BTW - of course I did not have my camera to capture this event. Thankfully, one of the visitors from Brazil had his camera and captured this moment for me!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Every kid needs a good climbing tree!! I think Carter found his.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...