Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Big Day

Friday afternoon the uniform was laid out. Saturday morning by 9:00 the uniform was ready to be worn. Finally, at 6:30 p.m., we were on our way to the ball field for opening day. "I have been waiting for this day my whole life!" was Carter's feelings for the day and he was ready to play! The kids all did a great job and when asked who had fun at the end fo the game, everyone yelled and raised their hands. Carter even had his own little (but very loud) fan club at the first game. Some of our college kids made signs and came out to support not just Carter but the whole team. They wanted to bring the sound system to play music as the kids went up to bat, but never the less a good time was had by all! I love these picture of him with the college kids.
Thanks Tyler, Riley, Heather, Laura, David, Sandy, Phillip, Chad and Randall (the last two ducked out before the picture) for being there for my kids! You are their heroes!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I love the pic. of them hoisting Carter above their heads. I know he has waited a long time - glad he is enjoying it so much!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...