Monday, April 11, 2011

Book Review: Deeper into the Word: New Testament

Recently, Bethany House sent me the book Deeper into the Word: New Testament by Keri Wyatt Kent to read and review.  I was very interested in this book because, as I study, I like to know the original Greek words that were used, as well as what they mean.  I think it is also important to know about the culture of the Bible times because in many instances that helps us understand what God is trying to tell the people.  This book was a great help in that regard.  Kent takes 100 words that are found over and over in the New Testament and gives a simple, yet beneficial, description of them.  Words such as covenant, grace, harvest, inheritance, Pharisee, vineyard and yoke are broken down for us in the 21st century so we can better understand what our God is trying to tell us in His word.  I would highly recommend this book to any student of God's word who is trying to get more out of their personal study.  As with anything done by man, you must be careful and always look back to the Bible as a final guide, but this book is a wonderful helper to your study.  Thank you, Bethany House, for providing a copy of this book for me to review!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...