Wednesday, April 13, 2011

JOYfilled Life

Recently, I was asked to give a devotional to the PKA girls on campus.  They have been studying the fruits of the spirit and my fruit was joy.  I was first relieved because usually I get the outrageous topics and really struggle, myself, with what I am going to say to them.  However, with this one I knew exactly what I was going to say.

What is joy?  It is one of those words that you define using the word itself.  There are two definitions:

  1. Earthly - emotion of great delight or happiness caused by something exceptionally good or satisfying; fleeting; will disappear eventually
  2. Spiritual - result of faith and obedience to God.  The amount of joy you have is in direct proportion to how close you are to God as well as how steadfast your walk with Him is; this can endure; sin can make our joy diminish but we can always be restored to our complete joy.
We want the kind of joy that has the potential to last.  It is the TRUE JOY!!!  We are going to use the word JOY to help us learn and, hopefully, remember how to have this true joy in our lives each day.

Come back tomorrow to see the "J" in joy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...