Monday, September 12, 2011

Devotional Thoughts on Scrapbooking

A few months ago, I did a devotional for a college dorm after we had done a scrapbook activity.  I found it the other day, and, as I am trying to cut down on the papers all over my house, I thought I would share it here. . . .

I love my scrapbooks.  I love my kids looking at scrapbooks.  I have been accused of trying to scrapbook everything, especially now that I have my blog.  However, I want to remember it all!!! I want my kids to know it wasn't always easy with sunshine and rainbows.  We look at our scrapbooks and we see how our family has grown, but, also, how our family has lost.  We see our college kids and how the group has changed over the years.  We see so many changes in ourselves - the kids getting older and changing so much, but there is One constant through it all. One who sees it all and that is God.


In our scrapbooks when we see that we were alone (or at least felt alone),  GOD WAS THERE!

  • Matthew 28:20 - " . . . lo, I am with you always . . ."
  • Hebrews 13:5 - ". . . I will never leave you . . . "
In our scrapbooks when we see we were at our saddest, GOD WAS THERE! He is our strength to get through whatever comes our way.
  • Nehemiah 8:10b - " . . . the joy of the Lord is your strength . . ."
When we see in our scrapbooks that we just felt hopeless, GOD WAS THERE! He will deliver us and surround us with His love.
  • Romans 8:38-39 - "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels or demons, neither the present or the future, nor any powers, neither height nor death, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to celebrate us from the love of God . . ."
When we were at our happiest, GOD WAS THERE!  He gives us all good things to make us happy.
    • James 1:17 - "Every good and perfect gift is from above . . ."
    • Matthew 7:11 - " . . . how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask Him!"
    When we don't know what will fill the future pages in our books, GOD IS THERE!  He see the big picture while our sight is limited.  

    He wants us to come to Him.  Philippians 4:6-7 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayers and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."

    He wants us to trust, ask and let Him direct.  Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight."

    He has great things planned for YOUR scrapbook.  Jeremiah 29:11 "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"


    No comments:

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...