For the Christmas shower that was given for Jessica,
it was suggested to give homemade Christmas ornaments because
Jessica really does love all things homemade!
I worried too much over what we would make because I wanted it to be
LB had made some ornaments for her friends for Christmas and suggested we make
ones like those for Jessica, so we did.
This is the finished product:
(We made 2 ornaments as you see here.)
Coasters from places like Outback
1. Cut the ribbon the desired length and fold it in half so a loop in made. Place the ribbon close to the top of the coaster towards the center (or in a corner depending on the look you want), and glue down.
2. Cut your scrapbook paper to fit the coaster. Using Mod Podge, glue the scrapbook paper to the coaster on the side where you glued the ribbon. We put a thin layer under the scrapbook paper first to set the paper. Then added another thin layer on top of the scrapbook paper.
3. Cut your photo to fit the coaster. We used pictures from their engagement. Again, Mod Podge the picture to the scrapbook paper where you want it placed. Let it dry.
4. After it has dried, you can use sandpaper to even up any edges or to give it a "weathered" look.
5. For LB's friends, we repeated steps 2-4 for the other side of the coaster. For Jessica's, we painted the other side of the coaster with chalkboard paint. After it dried, we used paint pens to write their last name and the date they will be getting married.