Friday, March 12, 2010

A Special Game Ball

There are a lot of highs and lows that come with working with college kids. I admit I get very attached and want to see "my kids" do well. 4 years ago (it does not seem that long, though), we were blessed to meet Derek or D-Willy. He came to be a pitcher for FHU but because of MULTIPLE injuries, he has not been able to pitch. He told me before Christmas that he would probably never pitch again. So, we were all surprised when he got to pitch a few weeks ago in a JV game. Recently, he was brought in to be a reliever, pitched 2 innings to close the game, striking out 4 of the 6 batters he faced. We were all so proud of him! Carter, of course, was there to congratulate him. After high 5's, D-Willy pulls out a ball from his back pocket and gives it to Carter. It was the game ball he had earned. Carter was so excited. D-Willy was so gracious and even signed it for him.
Two of my favorite guys!
These guys have NO CLUE how much they mean to my kids and to my family!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...