Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Book Review: Twelve Extraordinary Women

I have just finished the book and workbook by John MacArthur entitled Twelve Extraordinary Women. I really enjoyed reading this book and working through the work book; although, I must confess that it has taken me a good 4-5 months to finish this book. For 2-3 months I would use this book just 5-10 minutes a day at the end of my Bible study time. I would read a section of the chapter I was in and then work through the workbook answering questions that pertained to that section. Once I clearly focused my Bible study time on this book, I worked through it much faster!!! The book highlights Eve, Sarah, Rahab, Ruth, Hannah, Mary, Anna, the Samaritan woman, Mary and Martha, Mary Magdalene, and Lydia. History is given on each character from the Bible, but Mr. MacArthur also does a good job going back and giving his reader social background and secular history that helps you understand some of these significant characters even more. The workbook can be overwhelming, but is a great way to enhance your reading of the book. I found, as I went along, that it was best for me to read a section of the chapter and then go through the workbook answering the questions that went along with what I had just read. I would highly recommend this book to anyone. As with anything written by man, we must check everything against the Bible to make sure it is accurate, but I found the study encouraging reminding me that God can use and wants to use anyone who is willing to give all for Him. If you would like to buy this book or workbook, you can go to this website to purchase it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...