My new gurlfriend, Nicole, posted 10 things about the letter "T" the other day. It was so good fun and I told her I would give it a try. I hoped and prayed she would not give me the letter "Q" or "Y" and I was relived to know I got the letter "R." So now I am to share 10 things I love that begin with the letter "R." Here goes nothing . . . .
1. Recipes . . . I love trying new recipes, looking for recipes, and collecting recipes of all kinds. I just recently made a recipe scrapbook with recipes from my late grandmama. I had so much fun doing this. Which leads me to . . . . .
2. Rachel Ray . . . I admit it - I am hooked! I watch her show. I get her magazine. I can't wait to try her recipes from both the show and magazine. She is just great!
3. Relatives . . . I have been blessed beyond measure with my family - immediate and extended. We are so close - all of us. I have cousins who I consider to be just like my brothers and sisters. I have other cousins that I LONG to be closer to and, with this great technology, we are getting there. I could not ask for better aunts and uncles than those I have. God has blessed me and I pray I am a blessing to them as well. Which leads me to . . . .
4. Rebecca . . . is my name and my sister-in-law's name and my cousin-in-law's name. Richard . . . is my brother's name. He is pretty sickening how amazing he is! He has just married a wonderful lady and is a Dr.!!!! (told you - sickening!) RoRo . . . is short for Rosemary which is my aunt's name. I could not say "Rosemary" when I was little. It came out "RoRo" and has stuck, yes even at 31 years old. Rick . . . my crazy uncle who is always looking for a way to pick on me! Ross . . . my cousin who is currently serving our country as an Air Force pilot in the Middle East. Ross also looks JUST LIKE MY DAD!! Those strong Willis genes are very scary. I think this is it. I am afraid I am missing someone - sorry, if I am!!!
5. Roll Tide . . . I am a huge Alabama football fan!! I have stood by them through thick and thin. Although we ended the season on a low point, it was a great season and I know we will only improve - we better!!!!
6. Reading . . . I love to read. Damon use to make fun of me because ALL I read was children's books. My favorites: Little House on the Prairie, Anne of Green Gables, Dear America books, Curious George, Dr. Seuss and oh so many more. However, I have grown up and enjoy reading books by Jane Austen, Louisa May Alcott and other "classics." I also love reading Karen Kingsbury, Lori Wick (I have read ALL of her books), Lynn Austin and am currently reading the Twilight books. The kids and I read all the time - anything and everything. I can't get enough!
7. Rockin' . . . I love music!! Any kinds - worship music, Broadway music, pop music, country music, Harry Connick, Jr., Michael Buble, etc. . . . I will even listen to High School Musical, Jonas Brothers and Hannah Montana when my kids are not in the car!! I also love to rock on Guitar Hero. I am a little addicted!
8. Roman Holiday . . . I love old movies and if Audrey Hepburn is in them that is even better!
9. Road Trips . . . I am always up for a road trip ANYWHERE!!! I always try to have fun in the car and am trying to instill this in my daughter!! Unfortunately, I don't get to go on many anymore, but I am always ready to go somewhere - even if it is just to the corner store.
10. Red . . . is my favorite color. Many things that I love go back to the color red. . . Christmas . . . our college kids' colors are red and white. . . Almost everything in my closet is red. . . the Braves wear red jerseys if they are home on Sunday (although I am still trying to decide if I like this or not) . . . Titans have a little red in their colors . . . Coca-Cola stuff is all in my kitchen (hopefully you will get to see pics soon) . . . I could go on, but I will stop.
I loved doing this exercise. It made me really look at me and think of my favorite things. Want to play? Leave a comment and let me know. I promise no one will get "Q," "Y," or "Z." Come on . . . it's fun and I would love to learn more about you!