Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Rest of Friday in the Big Apple

After the Today Show we met up with Mandy (who slept in) and ate lunch at Planet Hollywood.
Arika and Mandy eating lunch
Me and Dixie eating lunch

After lunch we headed to Macy's to do a little shopping and meet the BIG MAN himself - Santa - the real one! Arika and I took letters from our kids to the big mailbox to mail their letters. Macy's was giving Make-A-Wish foundation $1 for every letter put in the mailbox.
Me mailing the kids' letters to Santa

Then, we took off to the 8th floor to meet Santa. It was amazing as we saw everything in the world. Macy's did a great job keeping our attention as we went through the line to meet the real Santa.
Arika and I boarding the North Pole Express to see Santa
Yes, I am 32 years old and I FINALLY set in the REAL Santa's lap!
Do you believe?
I do and got the shirt to prove it!
I love this one of Arika having a private conversation
with Santa.
We enjoyed some more shopping and then headed back to the hotel to get ready for our show of the weekend - WICKED!!! Yes, I have now seen it 3 times but love it even more everytime I see it.
All four of us dressed and ready to go!

Arika, Me and Dixie in our seats ready
for the show to begin!
After the show, we went back to the hotel to drop Dixie off. Mandy, Arika and I decided we wanted to go to Rockefeller Center to see the HUGE Christmas tree when we were dressed up. So, at 12:30 we go to Times Square, hail a cab, jump in only to find out that they turn the lights off at 12!!!! So we file out of the cab, thanking the taxi cab driver for being so honest with us. We thought this city never slept, oh well!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...