Sunday, May 30, 2010

Carter's L2L Speech 2010

Carter took a BIG step and gave a speech this year for Lads to Leaders. We talked about what the theme was and how he could talk about that. Of course, he related it to baseball. We are so proud of him. I love baseball. I love to play it, talk about it and watch it. I am so sad when November comes and baseball is over. One part of baseball I am learning about is trading. I have learned that the Yankees have a lot of money and they want the best on their team. When they wanted the best pitcher, they got CC Sabbathia. When they wanted the best first baseman, they got Mark Texiaria. The Yankees had faith in these guys and they won big in the end!
In our lives, we are given a team to help us get through life. On my team, I have great parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles who help me. I also have good friends. I know as life goes on, I will have to trade some friends for better ones if they don't do what is right. 1 Corinthians 15:33 says, "Bad company ruins good morals," and I only want the best on my team.
There is one player I want on my team who is the very best of all. Hebrews chapter 3 tells us He is better than Moses and Moses was great! Hebrews chapter 4 tell us He is a better high priest, and they were very important. Who is the best player I want on my team? JESUS! I have faith in Jesus that He will stand with me until the end and we will win the biggest victory!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...