Sunday, October 10, 2010

He's Waited His Whole Life for This Moment . . . .

Yes, that is right . . . . He has waited his whole life to be a catcher in a REAL baseball game.  He was so excited when he got the call - not the AT&T call to the Bullpen, but the call to suit up!  He looked at me from the dugout with eyes wide and mouth smiling big, "I get to play catcher, Momma!"  This is the child who when he was 5 asked for catcher's equipment from Santa.  He has played catcher at home so many times it is not even funny.  He was just so excited to be behind the plate.
 He did very well, too.  A ball was popped up behind the plate and next thing we know . . . .
He caught it!!
Everyone was amazed.  I was not.  I told someone he should have made that catch because he has been practicing that exact play for 2 years!!!

I love baseball for many reasons.  However, I loved baseball today because one of my boy's dreams came true today because of it!

2 comments:

Smelling Coffee said...

That is awesome!!! As a mom of a sports boy, I know how much that means! Congratulations to your son. :-)

Jennifer

Kimberly Washer said...

I hope that my kids play ball. Gary is more of a boy scout kind of guy. I will def. give them a choice of what they want to do, but deep down inside I hope my kids will be ball players!! I love reading about your kids sports!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...