Thursday, October 28, 2010

Remembering My Wedding Vows

This October I am remembering the vows I made over 11 years ago when Damon and I pledged our lives together.  It was the happiest day of my life at that point in my life.  

I had my wonderful friends around me . . . .



Precious younger friends who meant (and still mean) the world to me . . .


I remember literally jumping up and down with excitement as I waited to walk down the aisle.
I remember hearing the music that I had worried over so much because I wanted 
the meanings to be perfect. 
(My Nana was a bit worried because we did have music 
from Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves 
and she was a tad concerned 
with the word "thieves" being in my wedding program!!
She was even more worried when our walk out music came on - a WHOLE
other post for another time!)


I remember our reception and how friends and family from literally
everywhere came to be with us on this very special day


I will always remember July 9, 1999.
How happy we were.
Writing our own vows to each other.
I even remember most of mine . . .

If you need me . . . . I will be there.
If you fall . . . . I will pick you up.
If you need a shoulder to cry on . . . . I will lend you mine.
If you need to talk  . . . . I will listen 
(I actually think I said that one backwards, but I meant it like this)
And if the Rangers ever make the World Series . . . . I will cheer for them.

So, with that said, this October this MAJOR Braves fan will . . . .


Pull out my bear claw when the Rangers get a hit of ANY kind. . . .


will proudly display my antlers when the Rangers show speed like none other . . . .
and I will proudly wear the red, white and blue
while I shout with all my heart and soul,
"Let's go, Rangers!"

and, hopefully, at the end of the World Series I can say,
"The Rangers are number 1!"
Thanks, LB, for taking this pictures for me!



Let's Go Rangers!
Beat the Giants!

2 comments:

Kimberly Washer said...

Oh my stars!! I loved how you did that post!! You are too cute and I loved being able to see some pics of you and Damon's wedding day!

Kristen said...

Aw, this is cute! I wasn't able to come to your wedding because I was in Belgium that semester, so I really enjoyed seeing the pictures. We didn't have Facebook back then, so I'm not sure I've ever even SEEN your wedding pictures to begin with! Anyway, glad you finally got to complete your vows. =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...