Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Book Review: Chasing the Sun

Bethany House is wonderful to let me review books that are coming out in exchange for my review of them on the blog and Amazon.  I have LOVED doing this for them and love getting new books in the mail!  The latest book I have read for them was Tracie Peterson's Chasing the Sun.  I have always loved Mrs. Peterson's book so I was very excited to be able to read this one as well.

It is the first in a new series entitles Land of the Lone Star which means it takes place in Texas.  I love to read anything about Texas that I can get my hands on, and this did NOT disappoint me at all.  I will admit that the storyline was nothing like I thought it would be.   Hannah Dandridge has been uprooted by her two-time widowed father from Civil War destroyed Vicksburg, MS, to an area outside of Dallas, TX.  Mr. Lockhart, her father's business partner, is trying to win Hannah's hand in marriage as well as the land her family is living on.  He is having troubles doing both, but his troubles rise when William Barnett comes back home - to the land Hannah and her family are living on.  The town sees William as a traitor.  Hannah sees William as one who can help with the land until it is decided who actually owns the land.
Land is torn. People are torn. Tracie Peterson does a wonderful job holding her readers' attention until the very end.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...