Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Thank You, Teachers!

We have been so blessed with wonderful teachers each year.  I always try to do something for them to say "Thanks!"  This year Pinterest was a great help with these ideas!

For Mrs. Judy and Mrs. Holdren, we found these containers. I used my cricut and the Storybook cartridge to cut out their last name initial with some accents.  LB made her famous cake mix cookies to put in each container.  On top, we put a note that said, "I am one smart cookie because of you!"


For Mrs. Stella, I found a smaller container and did the same thing as I did for the teachers.  I knew this was Mrs. Stella's last year to be a grandmother, so one day at recess, I had each student tell me something they loved about Mrs. Stella.  I wrote each sentence on a slip of paper with the child's name at the bottom and put them in the jar along with lifesavers.  Her note at the top said, "You are our lifesaver!"

I did not get a picture of Mrs. Carol's gift from LB.  However, it looks exactly like Mrs. Stella's but instead of lifesavers, LB picked out her favorite mints to fill the jar.  The note on top said, "You MINT a lot to me this year."

Since this was Mrs. Judy's first year in our system (and what a year it was!), I wanted to do something for her to show her what an impact she had made on these kids.  She happened to be out of the classroom for a few days, so I had Mrs. Stella and the sub have the kids write 2-3 sentences telling what they loved about Mrs. Judy.  I took them, typed them (spelling not altered one bit!), printed them, cut each one out, and glued one sentence per card from a deck of cards.  I used by big hole punch to punch a hole in the top corner of each card and held them together with a ring.
I had planned to make it "cuter" but the end of the year for me was CRAZY!  She loved it though and the kids' sayings were absolutely precious! You had NO doubt they love their teacher and know their teacher loves them.

God has blessed us over and over again with such wonderful, God fearing teachers for our children! Thank you, God!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...