Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Book Review: The Princess Within

Awhile ago, Bethany House sent me the book The Princess Within by Serita Ann Jakes to read and review for them.  I apologize for it taking so long for me to write the review.  I really liked the book and plan on using it with my daughter as a study this year.  The topics of self-esteem, friendships, family situations, shames and many others (there are 17 chapters) are right on target as to what teenage girls are experiencing or will experience during these difficult years.  In each chapter the author puts so much scripture (which I LOVE) in with each topic in order to bring you back to God's word.  I also love the "Playlist" she gives in each chapter so the teen can have songs to help them think about and listen to as they are going through the situations faced.  Also at the end of each chapter is a chance for the girl to respond to what she has studied in that chapter.  Usually this response is encouraged to be a prayer to God using scripture.  I would recommend this book to any mother to read first before sharing with their daughter.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...