Tuesday, September 23, 2008

God's Rainbow on Earth

In our small town, we are blessed to have many nationalities around us. Growing up in the Air Force and adopting a Korean brother taught me to never look at the color of one's skin and make judgements from that. It is something I firmly believe in and something I wanted to pass on to my children.
One day we were in the car and Carter (my very random child) asked me why some people were different colors. I quickly explained to him that God wanted to have a rainbow on earth. He did not want everyone to look the same because that would be boring. God loves everyone for who they are no matter what they look like on the outside. He wanted everyone to be different.
Carter was quiet for a few minutes and then replied,

"Well, why didn't he make me blue - my favorite color - instead of the peachy color?"

7 comments:

~Trish~ said...

LOL love it!! Thank you for stopping by my blog last week when I was featured, I am still playing catch up with the comments :)

Smelling Coffee said...

How precious! And, what a great way to explain it!

Unknown said...

Just wanted to say thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday...100 things and being saucy was a lot of fun!!

Julie said...

don't kids say the greates things? So precious. I asked my son today if the little girl he was playing with in the playgym was nice...and he said "yeah, she is adorable." I couldn't believe he used the word adorable like that.

I agree, I would have liked to been purple!

Melissa Lester said...

So sweet! Maybe I can claim pink instead of "pale white," as my husband has called me. Honestly, when "white" is not descriptive enough, you know you will never be tan. But I could probably aspire to pink.

Loved your rainbow analogy!

Pennies In My Pocket said...

I've never thought about that analogy. I love it...and his response is PRICELESS!!

~melody~

Weeksie50 said...

A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...