"Now, therefore, O God, strengthen my hands . "
As Nehemiah, of old, dear God, strengthen my hands today and every day. Strengthen my hands as I
- wake the kids for school. Let my hands be open as their little hands take a hold of mine to start a new day.
- make their meals for the day. Let my hands find nutrious foods for them to eat and cook the food to strengthen their little bodies.
- drive them to school. Let my hands and the rest my body be aware of what is going on around me so everyone keeps safe.
- carry gifts of love into LB's school. May the people who are receiving these tiny gifts know they were bought and brought with love. May they come to know the truth through these simple gifts.
- welcome little C to the house. May she know that even though she is not mine, I love her as though she was mine.
- do the laundry. May my family know how much I love and care for them through daily tasks like this.
- choose a wedding present for a friend's son. May they use the present to welcome others into their new home. May they know many people are thinking of and praying for them as they begin a new life together.
- make cards for new freshmen and transfers. May the cards be a simple act showing the how much their new family loves them and is there for them.
- open the door for college students today. May they know our door is always open to them.
- make snacks for college students today. May the snacks be a small gesture telling them we love and appreciate them so much.
- open my Bible to study. May my heart be open to Your words and may they make a difference in my life each and every day.
- clean the house. May our visitors in the house always know they are welcome and that God is the head of our house.
- turn on the tv. May we choose shows that are appropriate for our family and that will reinforce what we are trying to teach our children.
Dear God, may You be glorified as I work with my hands. Please strengthen my hands each and every day to do the work You have laid out for me and all my friends.