Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A Moment of Shear Creativity

Things have slowed down a little (ha ha ha) so I have been able to make some cards the past few days/weeks. I have accumulated a lot of scraps and various stamped images, so I tried to use those up first. These are not my most creative postings, but I love looking at what others have done. So, maybe this will inspire somebody to be creative today!! I made this card for my aunt. She is having a barbecue in a few weeks for my brother and his finance'. This image from the stamp set Viola! from Stampin' Up. I stamped him and colored him with Stampin' Up watercolored pencils. I used a blender pen (also from SU!) to blend the colors into the image. The paper is Real Red and Brilliant Blue from SU! as well as the Rocky Ridge (?) ribbon from SU!
I found this bear stamp from a Close to My Heart. I think the paper came from Dollar Tree.
I used two different stamp sets for this card. God Bless America and Stars and Swirls (?) from SU!. The stamp pads and paper are Real Red and Brilliant Blue as well. I made these to send to military personnel from our church. This card just came to be by shear luck, but it is one of my favorites, I think. I have no idea where the background paper came from (lol)!!! The stamp set is called Build a Flower (?). I used a purple and yellow stamp color from SU! The stamped saying is also from SU!
This card was also used as a baby shower invitation. I made many extras and turned them into other cards I could use every day. I think the bear came from Hobby Lobby and the saying came from SU!
One day, I will do a better job about writing down what supplies I used. I am not use to that. Bear with me, I am still getting use to this!

8 comments:

Frizzy said...

Very sweet cards. YOu are talented. I too like to scrap and make cards. I am glad for people like you who post ideas on line. Helps when I have a creative block. Thanks for coming to see me in CA and commenting this a.m. Much appreciated!

Blog Stalker said...

Very cool cards. i think the ideas are what counts. If someone needs the 'exact' color of something thats a little unimaginative.

Good job!

Sandy said...

Good job with the cards. I REALLY like the one with the big flower too!!

Lynda said...

How cute! You're just a talented gal, aren't you? Thanks for stopping by via BATW today!

Leslie said...

I LOVE those cards! Very creative. I wish I had more time to be creative over here. Your children are beautiful! Thanks for stopping by my blog today. ;)

Julie said...

thanks for stopping by my blog today, I love the cards. I just made a couple of fun shower gifts and posted them on my site... it is so fun being creative and coming up with fun ideas... when you say "SU" what is that? Sorry, I don't know.

I Love Purple More Than You said...

Beautiful cards!!! Reminds me of the ones my sister makes. You are very talented!!!

* said...

I didn't know you made cards! You are so talented! Thanks so-o much for sharing! Oh and your kids are precious! Love you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...