Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Carter at L2L

Carter has worked hard the past year on his Lads to Leaders work.  He added a new event this year and helped more with his speech.  He participated in Oral Bible Reading, Good Samaritan, Speech, Bible Bowl and Song Leading.  He is just growing up so fast.  We are so proud of him and his desire to want to learn about God as well as learn how to glorify Him.
 Reading Psalm 23

 Carter's Bible Bowl Team - they studied the book of John 


Carter giving his speech

As a child, I am always being told to do things more than once.  Children are not the only ones with this problem.  In the Bible, Jesus tells us to do things over and over.  For example, in John 14, Jesus tells us if we love Him we will keep His commands.  He says this 3 different ways, but the simplest in John 14:15, “If you love Me, keep My commandments.”

My parents are always telling me to do my jobs.  I am told daily to clean my room, make my bed, brush my teeth, pick up my clothes, and get ready for the day.  I also am told to walk my dog, Chip.

Sometimes I don’t want to do my jobs.  This means that sometimes I don’t act right.  I argue, whine, and don’t listen to what I am being told.  That means I am always being not to argue and whine. 

It is hard to always remember what to do.  Just because we have to be reminded to do things does not mean we don’t care or want to do what is right.  Just because Jesus tells us to keep his commandments does not mean we don’t want to.  He continues to tell us because He loves us and wants what is best for us just like our parents.  John 14:23 says, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My Word.”  I love Jesus and want to obey Him like I know you do, too.  Sometimes we just have to be reminded of things to see how important they are.

Leading his song Come We That Love the Lord

Carter did a wonderful job. We are so proud of his hard work and willingness to get up in front of others!  Can't wait to see what this next year brings!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...