Tuesday, November 11, 2008

If I Only Had a Heart and the Nerve.

If I Only Had a Heart


Photos by Google
While the Scarecrow had an empty head that was being filled with the wrong thing, the Tin Man needed something to fill his empty chest. We need someone to fill our hearts. Jesus should hold the highest part of our hearts.
Matthew 6:19-21 – treasures in heaven – v. 21 being the key
For where your treasure is there your heart will be also


The Rich Young Ruler in Matthew 19:16-26 – He kept the laws but his heart did not completely belong to Jesus and it kept him from entering heaven.
What fills our hearts today? It is different for everyone. – sports, school, family, friends, ourselves, etc.
If I Only Had the Nerve


The Lion acted like he was king of the forest as he came bounding out of the forest, but was scared back in when he saw little Toto. We see a Bible character who at times was like this lion.
Peter in Matthew 26:31-33 says that he will never fall away but in Matthew 26:69-75 we see Peter does fall away, denying Jesus 3 times.
Are we sometimes like Peter and this lion? Do we say we are going to stand for Jesus and then run back into a crowd when the going gets tough?
We have got to stand firm and stand tall. We have got to have the nerve to be courageous even when the world around us is falling down.

Past Lessons


Blessings for Tuesday, November 11, 2008
1. Being able to sleep in - at least till 6:00
2. Buttered biscuits with homemade strawberry jam
3. Story time at the library
4. Books - any and every kind
5. My children's love for books
6. Family close by
7. Tuesday lunches with Papa and Jacquita
8. Movies that put Little Man to sleep
9. People who love teaching children as much as I do
10. A little rain shower
11. Knowing my children have people who love them no matter where they go

6 comments:

Laura said...

Becky, I think the correct pronunciation is "the nuwerve." Ha, ha! Great post!

Julie said...

love love love your posts... such a star.

i think I will have time to email you soon about what I was thinking... if not tomorrow or later today... seriously...things are calming down some...

EmmaP said...

cool "parable" or analogy. I may use this with my kids. Thanks! Also, thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday from SITS!

Tiffany said...

Great post! I'm popping over from SITS. I'm glad I came!

Smelling Coffee said...

I'm loving your Wz of Oz posts! What a great way to teach those truths. Very creative!

Lady Fi said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today via BATW.

Have a lovely day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...