Friday, December 31, 2010

Book Review: Voices of the Faithful

I recently read Voices of the Faithful for Thomas Nelson review team BookSneeze.  Beth Moore has teamed up with missionaries all over the world to provide us with daily devotionals looking at different themes each month.  Each day begins with a scripture and then a missionary's thoughts on that scripture as it pertains to the mission world and God's word.  At the end of the devotional thought, a prayer is given to help lead your thoughts in what was just studied.  With topics such as God's character, God's word, prayer, God's grace, witnessing, presecution, God working, contentment and other "hot" topics, it reminds us as individuals of what our missionaries are experiencing as well as reminding us that we are not the only ones fighting the battle against the evil one.  I especially enjoyed being reminded that all of God's children fight the same fights no matter where we are in the world. It was a wonderful devotional book that I look forward to reading daily starting tomorrow.  I got so much from this book and I know I will gleam more from it than I did reading quickly to review it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...