Monday, December 20, 2010

Polar Express Day

" . . . This is the Polar Express . . ."

"The train was filled with other children, all in their nightgowns. We sang Christmas carols and ate candies with nougat centers as white as snow. We drank hot cocoa as thick and as rich as melted chocolate bars. . ."

"The North Pole.  It was a huge city standing alone at the top of the world, filled with factories where every Christmas toy was made.
. . . Santa will give the first gift of Christmas.'"

"I knew that I could have any gift I could imagine.  But the thing I wanted most was not inside Santa's giant bag. What I wanted more than anything was one silver bell from Santa's sleigh."

"At one time most of my friends could hear the bell, but as years passed, it fell silent for all of them."


"Though I've grown old, the bell still rings for me as it does for all who truly believe."
- Taken from The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...