Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Table Set for Christmas Brunch

I love having people over - especially my family.  I want my kids to enjoy people and what it takes to get ready for people to come to the house.  So, Christmas Eve the kids and I got the table ready for our Christmas brunch.  They had so much more fun than I thought they would have had!  To begin, we set out a holiday tablecloth I picked up half off one year after Christmas along with the Santa table runner.
I used my everyday plates as a charger for my Old Time Santa salad plates.  I got these after Christmas either the year we got married or the year we got engaged (I can't remember at all) from Target.  Along the sides of the plates, went the silverware that matches the salad plates.  My mother-in-law gave me these as a Christmas present (the same year I got the plates).
 The place setting was complete with my Heritage coffee mugs and winter scene ice tea glasses (which we got from Arby's - yes, Arby's - the year we got married).  Carter thought Grandma's cloth napkins would look best tucked into the glasses, and what a great choice he made!


 I am a Santa girl!! I love Santas!  So, of course, the centerpiece of the table was one of my old time Santa figurines.  My grandmother or my mother gave me this and I just LOVE it!!  We set it on top of my crystal cake stand.  Around it, we placed a pine wreath wrapped with gold ribbon just for that extra touch.
I loved my table and once it was filled with family it was perfect! However, I think I loved my help even more!
We were ready for a wonderful brunch of muffins, breakfast tacos, fruit, coffee and hot apple cider!

1 comment:

Kimberly Washer said...

beautiful table!! The writing of this post is overlapping the post above it so I couldn't get to the comments link, but I wanted to say that I love Chuck's blanket!! My grandmother has a ton of my T-shirts to make a quilt, but just hasn't gotten around to it. I might have to go snatch them and just pay someone to make it because now that I have seen his I want one really bad!! Looks like y'all had a fun Christmas!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...