Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Barbie Fashion Fairy Tale Birthday Party

I am so blessed with friends and family who have faith in me!!  I know they have more faith in me and my talents than I do!  My sweet sister-in-law and I were sitting around the computer after Christmas looking at different sites and every time we would come to something, she would look at me and say, "Becky, you could so do that!"  So, she put me up to the task of designing one of her niece's birthday party decorations.  Claire was going to turn 4 and wanted a Barbie Fashion Fairy Tale birthday party.  I had never seen the movie (and never heard of it to be honest), so I googled it!  Found out that Barbie goes to Paris in the movie and that is about all I needed!  I used my friend, Sherry's, Summertime in Paris, Accent Essentials and Once Upon a Princess cricut cartridges and got to work.  Here are the results - not perfect being my first time, but I think I have caught the bug!!!
 These are 12 cupcake pics for the birthday party.  On one side is a "C" for 
Claire and on the other side in Barbie's dress.
I tried to make the dress look as much like the one in the movie as possible.
I used Stickles for the first time and am in LOVE!

 The other 12 cupcake pics had a poodle (Barbie's pal) from the movie on one side,
and a "4" since this is her fourth birthday!
I used Stickles to add a pink bow to the poodle and Martha Steward glitter pens
to give the poodle her gold collar.

I had seen water bottle covers done, but really had no idea what I was doing with this.  They turned out pretty cute, though, and I have learned for next time!
 I wanted something simple from the movie to tie everything together.
What is more Paris than the Eiffel Tower?

I hope precious Claire has a wonderful birthday this weekend with her family.

I had a wonderful time doing these and now my mind is going 90 to nothing.  Valentines' Day ideas are coming soon.  Shoot me an email if you would like me to help you in any way.  Maybe, one day, an etsy shop will be up and going!!!

6 comments:

Kristen said...

I just love these, Becky! So super cute! You definitely need to open an Etsy shop. =)

Richard and Amy said...

SOOOO CUTE!!!! You are SO talented!!! Claire is going to LOVE them!

Arika said...

ADORABLE!!! You are amazing as always! :)

McCrory Family said...

You are so talented!! Thank you so, so much Becky!! They will be perfect for this weekend.

Kimberly Washer said...

Those are soooo cute!! Just googled what an Etsy shop is and I could def. see you doing that!! I don't know if you have seen this lady's blog, but somehow I got connected to it and I love it. it's happyscraps.blogspot.com. She has amazing ideas!! Keep you this fantastic work!!

Mirys Segalla said...

These cupcake tops are adorable!!! I´ll use it as an inspiration for my daughter´s 5yo party (so I linked you at my blog, telling about the party, ok?)!!!

Thanks for sharing this!

Kisses and blessings.
Mirys
www.diariodos3mosqueteiros.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...