Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Glimpse Into the Future

I really try not to think about my children growing up because it is happening way too fast as it is.  I mean in two months I will be the mother of a NINE YEAR OLD!! I can honestly say I have enjoyed each and every "season" of my kids' lives.  I love this time with LB and I know she is quickly growing into a young lady.  Last night we were invited to go with the teenage girls from church on their JUG (Just Us Girls) night.  We dined at Steak and Shake, shopped at Target and then saw Tangled in 3D in our own private movie theatre - just a coincidence!  It hit me during the movie, when LB and her bestie, Madlyn, were sitting in front of me, that in 3 1/2 years this will be them.  They will be part of the youth group.  I don't know if she will want me around then or not, but I LOVE being wanted now!  We did have a wonderful night with some of my favorite people - both adults and teens!


 Sitting at the Junior High table!
 Me, Cathy (Madlyn's mom) and Diane - two of my most favorite ladies - EVER!!!

One reason I loved this night was seeing my kids with their BIG friends.  God has blessed us so much with such wonderful older friends. These people in our lives mean more than they will EVER know.  I know our lives are so much better because of them!
 LB and older BFF, Katy

While the girls were out and about, Carter got to hang out with his older BFF, Hunter!  They had a great time (so I heard) in the dorm playing video games.  They later hit up IHop for their All-You-Can-Eat Pancake special.  I believe IHop lost money last night!!  I don't know who was more excited about the night - Hunter or Carter. 

What a wonderful night with great friends!
How blessed we are!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...