Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Melt My Heart

I have been sick the past week like a lot of the world out there. It got so bad Sunday I made a doctor's appointment on Monday (I DON'T like going to the doctor) and came home with antibiotics and steroids. Sunday was horrible; Monday, bad; Tuesday morning, a little better. Now, as always, this was a BAD week for me to get sick. I was in charge of Holiday House (a craft and home based business fair) as well as creating items for my Holiday House booth that was suppose to happen on Tuesday. So, feeling somewhat better Tuesday morning, I got up a "To-Do" list a mile long for that morning. I was pretty set in my mind what we needed to get done and was a bit short with my Carter that morning - more than once. He was trying to help but it wound up not being much help (you know how that goes). The longer I went in the day, the worse I felt. We finally made it home from our outings that morning and I went into "get it done" mode. Not sure, but I am sure I snapped at Carter again. I found a job he could do - take something to the mailbox, so I sent him out the door and tried to get something done in that short time. That short time turned into a longer time. I was getting frustrated wondering what was taking him forever only to find him using all the strength his 5 year old body had to move 3 BIG trash cans that had just been empty from the curb to the house. MY HEART MELTED!!! Of course, I had to keep this memory so I grabbed the camera to get these shots:


Bless his heart! When he saw me snapping pictures, he looked up at me and said apologetically, "Sorry, it's taking me a long time, Mom. They were pretty heavy." I immediately took him into my arms and heaped mounds of praise (but not kisses so he would not get sick) upon him. What a lesson my Carter taught me and I will always remember his actions today!
BTW - don't you love his turkey headband? He made this at school 2 weeks ago and wears it CONSTANTLY!!!

8 comments:

Laura said...

Oh, my heart is melting, too, Becky!! That is SO sweet! I love how God blesses us with children and then uses them (for His Honor & Glory) to teach US lessons!

Stephanie said...

Okay - crying now!!!! What a sweetie!!!

Anonymous said...

That is the SWEETEST thing! I hope you are feeling better.

Thanks, I needed to read something like this today....

Meaghan said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday! Hope you had a fun day with the bloggathon, I know i did :)

Arika said...

You said it best!!! BLESS HIS LITTLE HEART!! Don't we learn some of the MOST amazing lessons from our children?? :) We are so blessed to have these precious souls to teach us what we need to learn. :)

Smelling Coffee said...

That is so precious! What little blessings you have in your children! I'm sorry you've been sick... and pray for a speedy recovery for you!

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

aaaarggh - how do you balance the necessary with the ... necessary?!?! I am crabby mommy. My kids call me by name. We do fun things. We hosted a cookie decorating party for 7 boys this morning. It was fun. But 15 minutes before guests were to arrive and Mommy hadn't showered and I.was.crabby.mommy. Aaaaaargh. I don't want my kids to remember crabby mommy. Does God provide a good dose of amnesia? Cuz my kids need it.

Yours is a gem. Plus, love the cool ornament traditions. Love...well, I read four posts back to catch up - loved them all :)

Blessings,
Karin

Becky said...

What a sweet boy! It's so amazing what these children teach us. Thanks for stopping by and Merry SITSmas! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas season.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...