Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Big Day for a New 5 Year Old

In our county, when a child turns 5, he/she can receive a very important card. Carter had been telling everyone, "When I turn 5, I am going to have a baseball party and I will get my own library card!" So, needless to say, when we walked into the library Tuesday morning, that was one of the first things he told Mrs. Nancy (who was also celebrating her birthday on Tuesday). Carter signed his name on the line and proudly waited for Mrs. Nancy to hand him his new card. He immediately picked out his own 5 hardback books and 7 paperback books - because the could. He even got his own movie for the next two days. We talked about the importance of being responsible and what that means. Hopefully this will encourage him to read even more and to learn about being responsible in life. Congratulations, Carter!!!!

1 comment:

Ryan and Katie said...

How exciting! I loved the library as a kid and I loved Ms. Cherry even more!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...