Monday, August 25, 2008

Jagger's Prayer

I have had the privilege of keeping Lawson and Jagger while their mommy is having baby #3 today. I have loved these boys like they are my own and have missed having them around all the time. Today at lunch I was reminded how much I have missed and how much I love them when Jagger took this prayer to God:
Dear God,
Please keep us safe.
Thank you for our food.
Please help us to be the good red Spiderman and not the bad black Spiderman.
In Jesus name,
Amen.
If we would all pray to be good . . . .

4 comments:

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

Oh my gosh! So much to say!

I LOVE the prayer - my 4 year-old turns his pillow to red Spiderman or to black Spiderman based on how 'good' I am to him any given day. Bless his heart. (I do TRY to be red Spiderman worthy!) Usually he's a bit more easy going when I either throw him a few pitches (read: 200+ baseballs...or it may seem to me!) or lightsaber him (and let him beat me!) That Darth Vader catching with his Christian shield is absolutely one of the BEST things I've seen photographed EVER!

Thanks for stopping by Missouri last Thursday --- I'll have to come back!

Susie said...

Oh my...that prayer is perfect!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today and leaving such sweet comments.

Melissa Lester said...

That is so sweet! Sounds like he is already on his way to becoming the red Spiderman!

Arika said...

I have so much to thank you for, but thanks for posting this prayer for me to read! Thanks for being there for my boys! I love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...