Monday, June 17, 2013

Book Review: Sweet Sanctuary

I love the summertime because I get to read to my heart's content for the most part!!  I started the summer with a book Bethany House publishers gave me in exchange for a review.  I was very interested in Sweet Sanctuary by Kim Vogel Sawyer because I had never read any of her books before.    I was NOT disappointed.

I really did not know where this book would go but it did not disappoint.  It went in so many directions!  Lydia and Micah go way back to their service time together in Hawaii at the beginning of America's involvement in WWII.  Lydia mysteriously leaves her job and is really never heard from again until one day Micah receives a note from Lydia's father telling him that Micah is the father of Lydia's child.  Micah goes up to see Lydia to get everything straightened out because he knows there is NO way he is the father.  From there, the story spirals.  Both Lydia and Micah hold secrets they are hesitant to share with each other.  Lydia is holding back the true secret of her son and how she is trying to keep him safe from his drug-addicted father because who knows what he would do with him.  Micah works with immigrants in New York as well as a secret mission with his brother who is a missionary overseas.

Ms. Sawyer does a great job keeping you on your toes as each situation is developed in the story as well as solved.  This is a story full of forgiveness, trust, God's plan for everyone, and love.  It needs to be on everyone's summer reading list.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...